Archive for June 2011
Caravan, the recently revived magazine from Delhi Press has been sued (along with Penguin and Google) by Arindam `Ponytail’ Chaudhuri, the man behind the controversial IIPM. The magazine recently ran a piece called “Sweet Smell of Success: How Arindam Chaudhuri Made a Fortune Off the Aspirations—and Insecurities—of India’s Middle Classes”, an extract from Penguin’s new book The Beautiful and the Damned: Life in the New India by Siddhartha Deb.
Following court orders, the article has been removed from Caravan’s website.
Here is the article in full
There are more damning articles on Chaudhuri in cyberapace:
* Outrage at the press, Mint.
* Dissecting (the) IIPM: “Fraud toh hona hee tha !!” (On a now-defunct blog).
* When the chickens come home… The curious case of Arindam Chaudhuri, the Indian Institute of Planning & Management and Planman Consulting (From a Yahoo Group)
* IIPM – Best only in claims?, Careers 360
There’s also a brilliant spoof about called Ayodhya Verdict Leaked: Land To Go To IIPM
There are three more articles which you should check out. Unfortunately I could not get the links to both of them. The first one (by Rashmi Bansal) had to be removed following another court order.
1) The Truth Behind IIPM’s Tall Claims, Rashmi Bansal, JAM
2) When the chickens come home to roost, Businessworld
3) The fraud that is IIPM, Gaurav Sabnis, former IBM salesman